Monday, June 29, 2015

Apizza Brooklyn


Photo Credit: Examiner.
This week's review goes Italian! Last week I had the fortune of running into Apizza Brooklyn as I was looking for some to-go food. I was starving (as usual) and definitely in the mood for some pasta, so I called up my aunt to see if she wanted to join me. She'd visited the place before and told me it was great food. I started looking through the online menu and got fixated on "Da Bomb." Yes, that's the actual name of a dish! It's a pizza topped with meatballs, pepperoni, and sausage--the perfect combination for meat-lovers. We picked it up (unfortunately, they don't deliver) and as soon as we got home, the feast began. The pizza was absolutely delicious! You can really taste the quality ingredients, even though they do use them sparingly. Every bite was flavorful, and I could almost say exquisite, for a pizza. It was just enough to share, given that all pizzas they offer are 12 inches. Knowing me, I couldn't let this restaurant out of my head until I had tried at least a couple of their other dishes. So some days, I called her up again for some more Apizza.
Photo Credit: Yelp!
This time, I ordered the spaghetti carbonara and she had the eggplant rollatini. My dish was huge. It was a lot of pasta with even more sauce and a very generous amount of bacon. Again, this was to-go, so I can only imagine how good it must be in the restaurant, coming right out of the kitchen. The eggplant was also very, very good. It also comes with a generous portion of marinara sauce and parmesan. Overall, I have no complaints about the food. The actual restaurant is a very small but cozy locale, so I would recommend calling ahead to reserve a table. A fair warning: It's small enough that you really have to look for it in the plaza where it is located. But it's the type of place that's good for a date and a family dinner--the place for lovers of good Italian food. I will most certainly be paying Apizza Brooklyn another visit quite soon to try some more things from the menu. Like my aunt said, "Everything there is good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment