Friday, May 15, 2015

Suviche

Photo Credit: Trip Advisor.
Suviche. I’ve seen that name many times before, but never had I ventured to try it out. It was only recently that I realized the name stood for “sushi” and “ceviche.” So I went on to try the one at Mary Brickell Village on 49 SW 11th Street. My table ordered several ceviches including the Suviche Ceviche, Aji Amarillo ceviche, and Suvama Ceviche. We also ordered the Perfection roll. The Suviche ceviche was spectacular! I loved the rich sauce and small and tender fish cuts. It’s sauce consistent of japanese mayo and generous servings of leche de tigre, according to our server. The Suvama ceviche was also good, but definitely didn’t top the Suviche. It had a sprinkle of japanese spices, which changed the traditional ceviche taste. The Aji Amarillo was the one I liked the least—and unfortunately was my dish!—but it was no bad. It was merely too simple; it felt as though it was missing a condiment or spice. Finally, the Perfection roll was not bad either (the rest of the table loved it), but I’m very particular with the type sushi I like. So the Perfection roll passed the flavor test in a 3-1 vote. For dessert, we ordered the Nutella pie. It was spectacular!! I like nutella a bit, but that pie blew my expectations. Funny enough, my table-mates wanted to return the next day again to have some more of the Suviche ceviche. I must admit I also wanted to go to try the lomo saltado. I have my very own quest of finding the best lomo saltado in Miami.
Photo Credit: Zoom Into Miami.
Hence, we ended there again for lunch and I ordered my lomo. It was very good, the meat was tender and juicy, even though it had an Asian-style flavor which wasn’t entirely to my preference. I have also been used to having the meat mixed with the fries, onions and tomatoes. In Suviche, they serve the fries separate and in a thick cut, so I ended up having more like a side of fries (but were very good). Finally, the dish in itself was a reasonable size, but I still prefer my lomo in Sabor, with its quite generous servings and mixed-in fries. Also, the chef on the second day was different and, according to my table-mates, the Suviche ceviche tasted completely different and not as good. However, (if you do get the good chef), the place is good overall, especially if you’re interested in the mix of the Japanese and Peruvian cuisines.

No comments:

Post a Comment