Sunday, April 12, 2015

SUGARCANE


Photo Credit: Miami and Beaches.
Located in Midtown on 3252 NE 1st Avenue and conveniently hidden from view by a tall hedge, Sugar Cane appears to be a secret wonderland. Walk in through the arch and find a seat on the small patio--I promise it's the best part of the restaurant. What I would recommend for this restaurant is order to share. Take a date or just some friends and wait for your taste buds to be blown away. I'm sure everything you order from the menu will be amazing, but in case you need a head-start, here are some recommendations. As far as the crudos go, I tried the scallop apple, black truffle, lime and jalapeƱo. What was interesting about this dish was that all the flavors clearly stood out in my mouth. I could distinctly savor the fresh green apple and hints of lime--and don't worry, it wasn't spicy at all! Then, the tapas. Wow. The bacon wrapped dates were absolutely amazing. If you're a bacon fan please go for it. Meat was the most pronounced flavor, followed by the sweet hint of dates. After the date came the american wagyu sliders.
Photo Credit: Honest Cooking.
They were mini burgers topped with a sunny-side-up quail egg and lathered in tonkatsu sauce--don't worry about the name, just know it tastes great! The beef short ribs, referred to as "Korean style" were pretty good, too. I probably wouldn't call them my favorite since I like them best just on the grill. Finally, the sushi. I am not a big fan of sushi; in fact, I rarely ever order any because I cannot eat more than a couple. But for the crunchy tuna sushi at Sugar Cane, I could've eaten every single one. It was absolutely delicious, so do order it!! Honestly, this restaurant is a great deal, given that the prices are not too bad for the quality of food that you will be getting. So go ahead and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment